Friday, November 16, 2012

For the first hour after every bootcamp session, I feel energized. Confident. Inspired to take on anything.

I'm working on bottling that feeling. So I can take it out and spritz it over myself throughout the day like expensive perfume.

Because the high feeling wanes. Soreness and fatigue take over. I am drained and wiped out yet too revved up to nap it off. It is a strange feeling indeed. Like I'm continually trying to catch my breath. And not quite succeeding. At least not yet.

I do feel stronger. The back of my thighs feel firm. When I flex my biceps, tiny muscles bulge a tiny bit. Small results but still. They propel me forward.

And I'm trying to get my eating right. I am told to add protein, reduce carbs, watch calorie intake and drink lots of water. This is not easy. It takes constant vigilance. Lots of effort. And willpower. Sort of takes the joy out of eating. I need to keep focusing on my purpose. That is, to get fit, get toned, fit better in my clothes, maybe even drop 5 pounds or so, get more energy. And fight aging.  No big deal.

Yesterday I made a decision to stick with this for 12 weeks. I read on various online fitness sites that it takes that long to see real differences. Afterwards, who knows? Maybe I'll continue. Maybe it'll get easier like everyone claims, and even become a habit I cannot do without.

Now that would be surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment