Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Today we played tag. In the park. Like children.


Very fun and very funny. When I was "it", the trainer taunted me to catch him. Little did he know I have been a die-hard Trojan fan for years and had my warrior moves on.

Naturally, I caught him instantly. And surprised everyone! Simple luck, but it was still a silly thrill. And it only lasted until I was being chased again. I ran as fast and as hard as I could to avoid being caught. Broke a sweat and panted out loud. Until I was "it" again.


It must have been a hysterical site: a bunch of moms chasing each other on the grass.

But we didn't care.

After an hour of punishing drills, sprints, dumbbell exercises and bruising core moves, we were thrilled to play.

For those last ten minutes, I felt like a kid again. Racing through the muddy grass, laughing and grasping for air at the same time. Everyone should do that sometime. Grab a robe and jump. Climb the jungle gym and go down the slide. Play tag in the park with a bunch of friends.

It was indeed an entertaining end to my first full month of bootcamp. I am no longer sore all the time. In fact, I am hardly sore at all.

I am stronger. Watch out.


No comments:

Post a Comment