Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Just came home from another bootcamp session. Realized that it is NEVER going to get any easier.


It will always stay hard. As soon as I get stronger, I'll do more push ups, more pull-ups. I'll run faster. All in the same amount of time.

At least my muscles don't feel nearly as sore this week as last week. I can actually hustle up the stairs without thinking. I can straighten out my arms freely. The others warn me that I'll still have days where the soreness will kick in. But never as fiercely as it did that first week. I am relieved. And grateful. I was not going to be able to manage that level of muscle pain much longer.

And today we got to box. Gloves. Punching bags. The works. Crazy fun. Unfortunately, it didn't last. As soon as we put away our fighting equipment, we started sprinting. And doing this crazy caterpillar crawl on hands and feet, but without knees touching. First downhill. Then uphill. Sheer torture. Cardio exhaustion and muscle burn at the same time. And then jumping jacks--while moving backwards in a line and then forwards. Without any break in between. In fact, breaks are limited to a few minutes for water, and an occasional moment to catch your breath. That's all.

By the time the hour is over, I hobble over to my car. My legs shake. It takes at least 15 minutes for my heart to stop beating like mad. And my ears plug up, which I've been told means I'm close to passing out. Or maybe it's from too much pressure on weak sinuses that are already inflamed from persistent allergies. It lingers for about 30 minutes or so. It is really annoying. I try not to talk because my voice just echoes right back in my head.

The trainer said if I throw-up, I get a free t-shirt. I can't decide if that would be mortifying or rewarding. Like a sign that I've been initiated. Gross.

Fortunately, I've been able to hold that back.

For now.


No comments:

Post a Comment