Monday, November 12, 2012

Six minutes. That's about all it takes to consume a delicious slice of cake.

Multiply that by ten. That's what it takes to burn it off. Not fair.


One of the trainers gave me a motto to live by: nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. I've heard it before. But now it resonates anew.

When I spy something tasty and tempting, I recall my new mantra. So far, it's working. Most of the time, I'd rather fit into my skinny clothes than eat whatever treat is tempting me at the moment. Especially when I consider how hard I'll have to work out to burn that much energy.

And so it goes.

Today was the beginning of my third bootcamp week. Still tough. Still lagging behind the rest of the group. Still struggling to finish my sets.

But I actually might possibly be able to keep this up long-term. Maybe. In the meantime, I congratulate myself at the end of each and every session. Then, I come straight home to shower and recover. My heart seems to take long minutes to return to normal. It is still in overdrive.

I think that's a good thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment